LEGO®-Inspired Engineering Camps for Kids K-8
Did you know the name ‘LEGO’ is an abbreviation of the two Danish words “leg godt”, meaning “play well”. It’s true! Although LEGO seems completely American to many the LEGO Group was founded in Denmark in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen!
The SCC is pleased to offer 3 weeks of Play-Well TEKnologies summer camp that will:
- Develop and enhance students’ problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Expose children to concepts and vocabulary of Engineering, Architecture and Physics
- Provide an opportunity to have a great time with a terrific and versatile building system
- The Pre-Engineering summer camps are primarily focused on BUILDING techniques
Pre-Engineering: Let your imagination run wild with tens of thousands of LEGO®! Build engineer-designed projects such as boats, bridges, mazes and motorized cars, and use special pieces to create your own unique design! Explore the endless creative possibilities of the LEGO® building system with the guidance of an experienced Play-Well instructor. This is an ideal way to prepare young builders for the challenge of Engineering FUNdamentals. (ages 5-6)
Engineering Fundamentals: Power up your engineering skills with Play-Well TEKnologies and tens of thousands of LEGO®! Apply real-world concepts in physics, engineering, and architecture through engineer-designed projects such as arch bridges, skyscrapers, motorized cars, and the Battletrack! Design and build as never before, and explore your craziest ideas in a supportive environment. An experienced instructor will challenge new and returning students to engineer at the next level. (ages 7-11)
- August 1st – August 5th (both sessions available)
Engineering Fundamentals 1pm-4pm
Fee: $150 per week
Frequently asked questions about Play-Well Summer Camps answered here.